Faith In Action 2018 update
Faith in Action Sunday – March 11, 2018
Located in Catalina, AZ, Mountain Shadows Presbyterian Church has been enacting it’s mission statement “Centered in Christ, Caring for Community” in a special way for several years. On a specific Sunday, the entire congregation is encouraged to put their “faith into action” by participating in one of many service projects that help MSPC mission partners in the Tucson area. This special Faith on Action Sunday took place on March 11, 2018.
There were ten projects that congregants joyfully participated in this year.
(1) IMPACT of Southern AZ: Church members completed yard work projects for 2 households in the Catalina area.
(2) Brookdale Care Facility: Singing talents were offered to residents of this senior living facility on Oracle Road.
(3) Interfaith Community Services: 70+ Easter cards were lovingly made for homebound residents who receive mobile meals from Interfaith Community Services.
(4) Little African Dresses: Approximately 110 little girls’ dresses were lovingly made from pillow cases and packaged and shipped to children in Africa.
(5) Letters to Mission Partners: Congregants participated in educational opportunities about mission partners supported by Mountain Shadows and wrote letters to 3 mission partners who have ongoing relationships with MSPC.
(6) Sister Jose Women’s Center: Bags and bags of gently used or new women’s clothing was collected and sorted for the Sister Jose Women’s Center for homeless women located in South Tucson. Hygiene products were also collected and delivered to the shelter.
(7) Reading Seed of Literacy Connects: Approximately 150 children’s books for early readers ages 5-9 were collected, cleaned, and prepared for the Literacy Connect children’s literacy program in Tucson.
(8) Tri-Community Food Bank in Mammoth: Kitchen utensils and cleaning products were collected and sorted for people in need in the Mammoth area.
(9) MSPC Work Project: Church members completed yard work projects for the church.
(10) Food Donations to Gospel Rescue Mission: After the delicious celebration luncheon, food was delivered to Gospel Rescue Mission in Tucson.
The entire congregation of MSPC was encouraged to participate in one of the projects above or in many other ways: by donating items that support these projects; by making a monetary contribution to Faith in Action Sunday; by participating in the facilities set-up and clean-up efforts on FIA Sunday; by participating in the luncheon celebration that completed this special day; by preparing food and helping in the kitchen; or by praying for this special church event.
For more information on Mountain Shadows Presbyterian Church, please view our website: www.mountainshadowschurch.org. We are located at 14240 N. Oracle, at the intersection of Mountainaire RD. Services are offered each Sunday at 10AM and all are welcome. Want more information? Call 520-825-7858