In keeping with scripture — “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John1:2 NKJV) — The HMT’s role in the life of Mountains Shadows Presbyterian Church (MSPC) is to promote health with healing and wholeness, of body, mind, and spirit, even in the absence of cure. Optimal health is harmony of self, others, environment, and God.
- Comprised of volunteer Christian lay health leaders striving to assist the congregation and community to achieve optimal health through prayer, support, education, and resources. This support continues when illness or end of life needs arise.
- In partnership with FHAN (Faith Health Alliance Northwest), educational workshops are offered for the community on topics such as end of life decisions and documents, caregiver education and support, memory loss issues and community organizations which provide resources for seniors.
- One team member prepares an article for most issues of the Oracle Newsletter.
- Several times a year health education information will be sent as a congregational mailing.
- Periodically, health related posts are added to the MSPC Facebook page.
- Our signature ministry involves members sending postcards to congregants identified with needs for prayer, healing, encouragement, comfort and/or sympathy. Below is a photo of some of our postcards, examples of healthy eating and health information. Please feel free to contact any of your Health Ministry Team if you need assistance. We are actively working to keep us all connected in this time of physical distancing.
- Joy Lewis, Elder-Moderator for Health Ministry, Session Clerk
- Freja C.
- Jane H.
- Alida W.
At the Session meeting held on May 17, 2023, Session approved merging the Health Ministry and the Safety and Preparedness Ministry into one ministry. The Health, Safety, and Preparedness Ministry will focus on a healthy and safe environment for Mountain Shadows.
* The Naming Policy and Agreement for Internet/Social Media policy is used.