Faith is the assurance of things you have hoped for, the absolute conviction that there are realities you’ve never seen. –Hebrews 11:1
As we bid goodbye to the year 2022, I am grateful that many things we hoped for in the life of Mountain Shadows Presbyterian Church came to pass last year:
- Despite national downturns in church attendance, Mountain Shadows received 11 new church members!
- Although the US economy took some hard hits, our congregation’s generosity stayed strong; Mountain Shadows supported families facing hunger and children of incarcerated parents, while maintaining our commitment to mission partners working for God’s justice and peace.
We can’t yet see what 2023 will bring. Challenges will come our way, but we will meet them with faith in God. Life’s lamentable hardships are always outstripped by God’s unlimited grace. Therefore, I dare to hope that 2023 will be a year when our congregation’s generosity will exceed our ministry expenses.
On Stewardship Commitment Sunday, January 22, 2023, I hope every member and friend of Mountain Shadows will make a financial and spiritual commitment to sustaining our church’s good work. That work includes:
- Welcoming newcomers into our worshiping community
- Glorifying God with Sunday messages and music, prayers and praise
- Encouraging everyone’s embrace of the Gospel’s good news
- Caring for our church’s congregants, employees, property, and neighbors
Together in 2023, may we put our generosity where our hope is: in the name of Jesus Christ.
Yours in faith,
Pastor Rachel Srubas