Update on Casa Alitas Migrant Center
A Message from Mission Connector Eleanor Geiger
On Friday, February 17th at 10:00 a.m. a group from Mountain Shadows will visit Casa Alitas Migrant Center to learn about this place of unconditional welcome supported by volunteers and donations.
The most pressing donation needs now at Casa Alitas Migrant Center:
- Adult GLOVES and beanie hats
- Men’s jackets
- Men’s pants
- Disposable baby diapers in sizes 5 and 6
- Not needed are lap blankets, Lycra women’s pants, socks, underwear and toiletries
Additional ways people of Mountain Shadows can help:
- Volunteers are needed to sew beanie caps for adults.
- Backpacks sewn from pillow cases are an ongoing need to hold travel supplies and clothing for migrants leaving for their new destinations.
- Volunteers are needed to help drive migrants to the Tucson Airport for their departure flights. Spanish-speaking volunteers are needed to communicate with migrants housed at the Ramada Inn on Palo Verde for the period January 16-31.
If you would like to donate your time and talent to provide for the pressing needs of our migrant neighbors, or you would like to visit Casa Alitas on February 10th, please contact Eleanor Geiger (request her information from the church office).